Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pet Peeves

 As we grow older we pay more attention of our surroundings. What type of people we hang around, how people react towards you, and how others treat you. This especially happens in school. Sadly, you also notice it in your teachers, and how they are teaching you.
  A teacher can either be a good teacher, an ok teacher, or a bad teacher. No I am not talking about nice or mean teachers. I am talking about how well a teacher teaches you. Have you ever heard about that one saying teenagers say in eitherTwitter, Instagram, Facebook or any other type of media about teachers? That one saying saying "If all your students are failing it's not the students fault but the teachers". For example I had teacher in tenth grade who couldn't teach well. She was very nice and very patient but wasn't good at teaching. We had to teach ourselves everything! Those who didn't teach themselves failed. 
  There is also those teachers who don't help you learn but rather just give you the answers. Yes it will helps us with our problem and will give us the points we need to get a good grade on our homework. But what happens afterwards? What are the consequences? We fail our test, because the teacher didn't take her time to teach us the material well and we can't ask her for help during the test. This affects not only the relationship with the student and that teacher but with future teachers as well. The student will not learn and will keep asking the wrong answer instead of asking the right ones. We ask what's the answer to this question? Instead of asking how do I get this answer for this problem? As a student, I will try my best and push myself to look for the solution of the problem by asking questions that will help me accomplish the problem. Yes it will take more time to get the answer but during the test it will seem like a piece of cake.
  Yes I may to be the best person to talk about the teaching since I have not been a actual teacher. But I do know the perspective of a student and I know what a teacher should act and teach like since I have had my number of teachers before. I can strongly assume that being a teacher must be a hard job to do. But I strongly believe that if a teacher is being paid to teach us the least they can do is make sure we are learning what is thought isntead of assuming.
  Teachers are gift. They should be appreciated. But apart from being appreciated they should also be taken serious in all matters. They should as well take their job seriously as well. Our future lies in their hands, literally. What they teach us we will use in the future, and one day be thankful because they took their time to teach us well. 

2 comments:

  1. You have some good reasoning here; however, I wonder how you can include some specific examples. Concrete examples support your reasons, and that make your position so much more convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your topic! I can honestly see what you are getting at here. Really good explaining. Good job!

    ReplyDelete