Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Reading Life

  As a reader I have grown so much in these couple of months, a big factor was that I started to read more during my free time. The books I have read are The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Jesus Freaks, The Infinite Moment of Us, Jumping Off Swings, Trance, Eleanor & Park, and I am currently reading The Curios Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time. This is a huge leap in my reading life comparing it to last year when I only read one book on my behalf which was The Fault In Our Stars. During the process of reading these books I have learned that there is some books that may not be appealing to us, and that's ok. It doesn't necessarily mean that the book is bad but that you have grown as a reader and need a higher reading level. For example one of the seven books I have read this year, The Infinite Moment of Us, was way below my reading level. I could tell how the book was going to end before it ended, I was never shocked by anything, and I felt as if it was too cliche to a romance book. One book though that I found a bit more challenging was Trance. This book was not hard in word choice or reading level wise but it was challenging in the sense that you really had to keep up with was said before and bringing it to the new topic. It made me connect the dots to what was once said. The book that I loved and will love will forever be Eleanor & Park. It is a book like no other. Once I got into it I couldn't let go of the book. It has everything you could wish for in a romance book, even a not so happy ending, but that's all up to you and how you want the story to end. Never have I read a book like this one, although I could say that it has a slight similarity to The Fault in Our Stars I. The sense of having a plot like no other but yet it was beautifully put together. Thankfully I find the time to read these intriguing books at night when I'm off to sleep. It helps me relax and enjoy my peaceful time I have for myself. What I would like to do in my reading life would be reading more challenging books, make my brain work a little more, so that I as a reader grow. Hopefully my goal will be made true and I will read at a much higher reading level.
  Reading to me has opened new worlds! I find myself reading a book so that I may escape this horrible world and enter a new one to which is controlled and precise to what something wants to be done. Reading is not just a pleasure in life but almost a need to me. It helps me hope for a better tomorrow because if that person in the book finds a happy ending so can I, right? Everyday I read something into a mind of someone else and it always fascinates me on how that persons thinks and writes. They are a creator of a person if you think about it and have given a character life I which he has the power to makes us hate it or love it. I am thankfull to have this skill that some people may not have. Reading a book is and always will be a gift to me that I will cherish.

3 comments:

  1. Celica- I really like the way you made your blog post flow and the good word choice! It's really good, so good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an in-depth evaluation of your reading life here. Way to read, girl! I think you've shown you understand the importance of spending time with books we like. That's great!

    I wonder where your book trailer is though.
    7+

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you have improved in reading and you show that in class and in this blog. Keep it up and your reading level will be at the peak of the mountain!

    ReplyDelete