Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Blog

http://animoto.com/play/f2tp6pUUXmVUKyTZMJZ8uA
    I was making my idea for my project I stopped and thought what is one thing that has always and will always affect me. That's when I thought about how much I feel oppressed by society. The way I live is not always who I truly am, and that is what will always be a huge part of my life. Deciding whether or not to live the way I want to live. As I was doing this I thought about my word choice. One of them was rainbow, meaning the colors that a rainbow holds, and to me that meant happiness and showing your true colors meaning your life. Another word that ties to rainbow is grey. Grey to me means dull and a mixture of white and black that has been combined. Neither black or white grey. A mixture of what they want you too be and what you want to be. These words were a key factor to my short story by adding emphasis on how you live your life and how others make you be who you "are".
    As I was thinking of my short story and how I was going to write it I thought about how others would read it. I thoroughly read over my short story so that the voice behind it could be heard. This was not easy, of course, but i managed to make at least 3 rough drafts. All of these drafts were examined with a careful eye. Every single time trying to improve myself once again. The feedback really helped too. It gave me a better understanding on how the readers read my story. Not only was it helpful it also made me be more open minded to comments and helped me be a better writer by being criticized.
    While I was in the process of making my video I thought about the images. I thought about how I can capture a word/s in a picture. It wasn't easy but that was what it made it fun. I really had to think about what I was saying. It made me think about what I really meant. I got a better understanding of what I was saying, what I wanted in life, and why I felt such a way.
    In the end this short story was good. I think I could have impress others a bit more by slowing down the pictures, and really let it sink in both the words and the pictures. Was I happy with my work? Yes but with the final setup of the video not so much. As I showed it to the fellow classmates of mine I wished I would have found a way to slower down the video. But if not for the speed of the video I think it was absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you talk more about your topic here. I wish you would have added more about the actual process of writing and your particular word choice. The more you think about your writing, the better you will become at it. Writers make purposeful choices. Remember to think about those choices as you write. What devices and words will you use to construct meaning? 5

    ReplyDelete