Thursday, May 28, 2015

The End of this Reading Year


          Eleventh year was a big year to me that seems to have finally ended. I met good friends, lost some best friends, and gained new worlds. These new worlds came in some books, like in Eleanor & Park which changed my life to see what a true love can be like (messy), Fangirl who let me see a glimpse of my new future, Please Ignore Vera Dietz which made me see friends are never lost, the series of Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem that strongly made me believe love is what we all need to be who we truly are, All the Bright Places who I will carry in my heart because of its beautifully captured picture of life, Dreamland which made me see this world in a different light, and The Curse and The Winners Crime which I yet need to finish but know will be excellent. The book to which was the only book I surprisingly let go was Remember Me? which was about a woman who forgot her memory about how she became who she became and how to fix her fabulous but disastrous life she made for herself. These were the books that made me happy, sad, and relief all in 450 pages or less.

         All the Bright Places was probably my favorite book. It captured feelings that I would have never thought could be captured in one sentence. So new and old. Feelings that have been going on since as long as we are capable of saying they were. The book which had me yearning for the ending for not all the good reasons? Well I have two. The Infinite Moment of Us and What Happened to Goodbye. Both of which had me twisting and turning on the inside because of the strong negative emotions I had for them. The Infinite Moment of Us was a ball of cheese that seemed to have absolutely no end, and What Happened to Goodbye was a girl who had personal problems that added to mine but had no good ending. And that is what made my reading as a reader hard. Not being able to let go of a book even if I had all the right to do so. This dilemma caused me to take time on a book and impaired me to move on. The area in which I felt strong in was in my likeness on a book. This caused me to finish the book as soon as I could, which helped my reading level.

        In all I felt really good about how I read and understood the books. Having Mrs. Rasmussen as a teacher had me motivated to read all sort of books. Some of which we had to read in the book clubs she held. Which were the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, The Kite Runner, and ROOM. And her reading conferences she had with us helped me personally to to understand these books better, and find other books from outside my shell. What also helped me keep reading was that the people around me as well read with me as a community. It made me feel at ease that I wasn't the only one wiping out a book out of the nowhere and motivated to read as much as I could because there were others who read more than me.

         My reading goal was 17 which was met. The following books are numbered from the first book I read to the book I am reading:


  1. The Adoration of Jenna Fox
  2. Jesus Freaks
  3. The Infinite Moment of Us 
  4. Jumping Off Swings
  5. Trance
  6. Eleanor & Park
  7. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
  8. Fangirl
  9. Please Ignore Vera Dietz
  10. Delirium
  11. Pandemonium
  12. Requiem
  13. All the Bright Places
  14. Remember Me?
  15. The Kite Runner
  16. Anna and the French Kiss
  17. Being Henry David
  18. ROOM
  19. Belzhar
  20. Dreamland 
  21. What Happened to Goodbye
  22. The Curse
  23. The Winner's Curse
  24. The Last Time We Say Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment