Monday, September 8, 2014

Something To Remember

   Don't you ever get sick of older people comparing their past with yours? Well I do. Yes their past sounds pretty cool, but that does mean mine isn't? No. Just like you wouldn't compare someone to someone else because they are uniquely themselves, you shouldn't compare someone's past with another's. Times are different. Technology is more advanced. That means the future will never again be like the pasts future, and never will be. That also includes people's past (memories).
   As we grow grow older, old folk tend to tell us their stories. Most of them beginning with "In my day....." or "When I was about your age......" It's all nice and sincere memories, until they say "Not like today." That's what makes me mad. Because obviously it wasn't like that day. The present is so much different then the past. Hence the word past. I'm sure that if we were born in their time period we would have as well said stories like them, but we're not. Simply because technology is a whole lot better. Wouldn't they ,as well, done the same things as us? Probably.
   Yes as teenagers we are distracted very easily by technology. Yes we don't do things like they used to. But I don't see why my memories or past is any less in value than the elder people. I still learned, got bullied, had adventures, and most of all I do have something to remember and that to me is just as important to them. I may not have as interesting stories to tell to my kids but it all goes back to the future and how the future for us will not be the same for them. And just like me they will have their own memories that are just as valuable to mine.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what news article you based your topic on -- I do not see a link. You've got a nice opinion piece about tech, but without support you do not really have an argument. P

    ReplyDelete