Friday, January 9, 2015

Dandelion


   Thousand Foot Krutch wrote down in their song,"We all wanna be somebody, we just need a taste of who we are." And just like they said I want to be somebody. That is my one little word I want to accomplish this year. Because life is all about discovering yourself and figuring out who you are. 

   Being somebody to me is just not anybody. I want to be kind, spontaneous, fierce, but most importantly I want to be me. I want that somebody to be me! I want to be a star on the sky that shines so brightly it cannot be missed. I want to be a dandelion who sways with the wind leaving its seed, a part of itself, behind. Standing up is the somebody I want to be, letting out a little attitude is who I want to be, and being open is who I want to be. Many would say you can do that as long as you want too. But you see the challenge is to see if I can be all those things. To do such a thing I need to taste what I want and see if that's the type of person I want to be.

   Regardless of what is to happen this year, I will be somebody. And it doesn't matter if I'm just somebody to someone and only one, because at least I'm being somebody. Somebody consist of fighting the wind. Fighting what I can't see but can feel. I want to roar like a lion on top of a hill, I want to be a steady turtle, I want to be me! Life is so much more than me. Life is a living thing ready to be taken by the horns as long as you can control the bull. But this all requires of going out into the world and leaving your comfort zone just like the dandelion. I want to be somebody to everyone who is willing to accept me, accept what I have to offer. I want to be somebody who you may not like, but that's okay because that means I'm being true to who I am. I want to be somebody who is transparent like a jellyfish.

   Being somebody is being someone and no one. I can either be liked or hated upon, but the importance is that I'm there. I'm there. I'm finally there to do something is this thing we call a world. It may not be the world, but a world. A world to someone, and to me that sounds like a lovely thought to be a world to someone.  Because I will be heard, seen, felt by everyone. Because I will be somebody.

   Someone is just another person, somebody is a person. It is given a title, a significance, a meaning. No longer do I want to be someone. I will be somebody. Somebody who will shine among the stars. Maybe there is a lot more stars, and maybe I'm not as important as the whole. But I know this, I am a star, I am somebody, and I will shine in this galaxy. Without that star then the galaxy wouldn't be whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment